8 Best Android apps that will make iPhone users jealous
1. Nova Launcher
Nova Launcher has some very capable hands behind it –Phandroid
Our favorite is Nova Launcher, which strikes a great perfect balance between incredible performance and high customizability without getting too gimmicky and difficult to use –Lifehacker
Chock full of features you won’t find in the stock launcher, and comes highly recommended –Android Central
• Icon Themes – Find thousands of icon themes for Nova Launcher on the Play Store
• Subgrid positioning – Much greater control than standard launchers, Nova Launcher allows you to snap icons or widgets half way through the desktop grid cells
• Color controls – for labels, folders, unread badges, drawer tabs and backgrounds
• Customize App Drawer – Custom tabs, Vertical or Horizontal scrolling, Custom effects
• Improved Widget Drawer – Widgets grouped by app makes it much faster to use
• Infinite scroll – Never far from your favorite page, loop through the desktop or drawer continuously
• Backup/Restore – Sophisticated backup/restore system allowing you to backup your desktop layout and launcher settings
• Scrollable Dock – Create multiple docks and scroll between them
• Widgets in dock – Place any widget in your dock, such as a 4×1 music player widget
• Import Layout – No need to rebuild your desktop from scratch, Nova Launcher can import from most popular launchers. Including the one that came with your phone.
• Fast – Nova Launcher is highly optimized to do it’s work quickly and quietly, keeping the animations smooth and letting you use your phone as fast as you can move your fingers.
2. Z Launcher Beta
Throughout the day, Nokia Z Launcher is learning how you use your phone and promoting your favorite apps so you can get to them faster. The more you use it, the better it gets.
IT’S SO SIMPLE
*Scribble – Scribble a letter to find what you want
*Launch – Apps, contacts, or websites
*Adapt – It learns to promote the right stuff at the right time
3. ES File Explorer File Manager
★ File Manager (File Explorer)
Android file manager and explorer provides full-featured file management, including cut, copy, paste, move, delete, rename, check detail, share files, etc. for internal memory and SD card. Enables to view, move or delete files you received and even to make a backup copy whenever you need to clean the phone storage. It works perfectly as file rename and viewer as can open any file format.
★ Root Explorer
The ultimate set of file management tools for root users. Provides access to the entire file system and all data directories, and allows the user to change permissions.
★ Storage Analysis & Junk File Clean
File manager will analyze storage usage, detect large files, redundancy files, and newly-created files. Therefore users can make sense of storage usage, clean junk file and other files & folders that are no longer needed effortlessly.
★ Wi-Fi File Transfer
With build-in wifi file transfer, this free file manager and explorer exploits wifi & hotspot to transfer files to another phone and PC even without internet connection. Without limitation for file size and type, users can transfer any file including apps, video, music, picture, etc. super fast.
4. USB Media Explorer
USB Media Explorer (UME), formerly known as Nexus Media Importer, allows you to stream and transfer music, video, photos and documents from a USB flash drive or card reader connected to your Nexus device (5, 5X, 6, 6P, 7G1, 7G2, 9, 10) or other Android 4.0+ devices with USB Host support.
Requires the following hardware:
1. An Android 4.0+ device. Please try the free “USB Photo Viewer” first if you do not have a Nexus device. Due to hardware limitations, the Nexus 4 is not supported.
2. An USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable. Costs range from $1-10 USD, see screenshots for examples.
3. An USB Flash Drive or USB Card Reader with a flash memory card inserted, see screenshots for examples. Please see the FAQ on our website if you are trying to connect an external hard drive or other device.
Total Automation, From Settings to SMS.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
Are you using your smart phone or tablet in the late evening? Twilight may be a solution for you!
Recent research suggests that exposure to blue light before sleep may distort your natural (circadian) rhythm and cause inability to fall asleep.
The cause is the photoreceptor in your eyes, called Melanopsin. This receptor is sensitive to a narrow band of blue light in the 460-480nm range which may suppress Melatonin production – a hormone responsible for your healthy sleep-wake cycles.
In experimental scientific studies it has been shown an average person reading on a tablet or smart phone for a couple of hours before bed time may find their sleep delayed by about an hour.
The Twilight app makes your device screen adapt to the time of the day. It filters the flux of blue light emitted by your phone or tablet after sunset and protects your eyes with a soft and pleasant red filter. The filter intensity is smoothly adjusted to the sun cycle based on your local sunset and sunrise times.
7. AirDroid: File Transfer/Manage
AirDroid allows you to access and manage your Android phone or tablet from Windows, Mac or the Web, wirelessly, for free. Transfer files between your devices, and share files to your friends.
Better focused: Calls, SMS, and the app notifications you allowed, mirrored to the large computer screen you are focusing on.
Better equipped: Type with full physical keyboard and control with a mouse. Transfer things faster without looking for a cable. Better equipments, better life.
Better connected: Control your Android from computer and use any apps on computer, like WhatsApp, WeChat, and Line. (root required for some devices)
8. SMS Text Messaging -PC Texting
Send SMS & MMS text messages from your PC, Mac, or Tablet without touching your Android phone.
Named one of Time Magazine’s “Best 50 Android Apps”
As seen on TechCrunch, Washington Post, Business Insider, Engadget, PC World, Lifehacker, VentureBeat, PC World, All Things Digital & more.
Save time; Increase productivity. Don’t check your phone for every SMS notification! See who’s texting you from your PC or Tablet without having to look at your phone’s messaging app.
Great for online texting when busy working or in meetings. Manage your texts, picture messages (MMS) & see Caller ID of incoming phone calls without looking at your phone. Turn off incoming SMS notifications during presentations. Text meeting updates before leaving your desk.
Perfect for real estate agents, sales people, freelancers, taxi dispatchers, and other businesses that rely on texting to send quick, professional SMS messages to colleagues & clients