5 Amazing Apps That Already Work Great on iPhone X And : IOS 11
The iPhone X has a taller, narrower 5.8-inch, 19.5:9 screen with a “notch” at the top, and many third-party apps just can’t deal.
App developers need to get an iPhone X to see if their apps work, and make the appropriate changes, if necessary. It’s already starting to happen; Google Photos, for instance, was updated for the new screen size today.
So far, we’ve seen three different kinds of app failures: severe letterboxing, messy UIs, and app stability. But it’s not all a disaster. These 10 developers are on the ball, and they’re bringing you apps that look great on the iPhone X$999.00 at Verizon Wireless from the start.
1. Alto’s Adventure
Most games haven’t adapted to the iPhone X’s wide-screen format yet. Alto’s Adventure, a popular one-tap snowboarding game, uses the whole screen and uses it well.
Join Alto and his friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey. Journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness, through neighbouring villages, ancient woodlands, and long-abandoned ruins.
Along the way you’ll rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders – all while braving the ever changing elements and passage of time upon the mountain.
- • Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
- • Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
- • Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
- • Easy to learn, difficult to master one button trick system
- • Chain together combos to maximize points and speed
- • Test your skills with 180 handcrafted goals
- • Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
- • Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for best high score, best distance, and best trick combo!
- • Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
- • Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
- • Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience (headphones recommended!)
- • Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will always be in sync.